Monday, April 30, 2012


Nothing much to write, but I’m posting to clarify my earlier post. No I was not referring to the Bible, but to rather a series of books used to teach the students at the homeschooling centre I used to go to. I’m not disagreeing, or dissing their points, but merely saying that to me if you are going to make such arguments in a textbook than they should be solid arguments. Because kids are learning these stuff. Not all of them are Christian. But what’s more, for me, if you grow up on flimsy arguments on what you believe in than you have little substance to defend it, and are more likely to doubt or lose faith. I have come across many arguments and stands that I disagree with; that doesn’t mean they are out rightly wrong. If I were a non-believer studying the following excerpts, I would find it rather silly. In any case I want to clarify once again that I don’t believe in the theory of evolution, and am a Christian. I am merely saying that as an argument for Christianity being ‘superior, popular, stable’ (as stated in the book) than other existing theories, then the following argument sounds rather weak to me. I actually think it has simplified matters far too much. If I met an believer in evolution and sprouted these points, I would to my own ears, sound idiotic. I might be overtly critical though, and as such, this is purely my own personal opinion.




“Organic evolutionists do not believe that God created the universe and all it contains. They believe in a theory of evolution that permits only natural causes and explanations for the existence of things. They attempt to explain the origin of the universe without the existence of God. Such a theory of evolution cannot be acceptable to Christians. In fact, such a theory cannot be true. Organic evolutionists place their faith, not in God, but in many ideas.
“First, organic evolutionist believe the earth’s atmosphere has not changed. This belief means that the atmosphere has remained nearly the same for millions of years.
“Second, these evolutionists believe in the theory that all life began in the ocean. Evolutionists cannot explain how or why life began, only that it did.
“Third, evolutionist believe in a unknown first-organism. This belief means that evolutionist do not know where life came from. Evolutionist cannot explain how this ‘magic’ occurred that produced this first-life organism.  
“…When modern people try to believe in both the God of the Bible and in organic evolution, they are really trying to believe in two ‘gods’. They are trying to believe in the true God of the Bible and the “god” of chance. In reality however, the Christian has more reason to believe in God’s record of Creation than the scientist has to believe in the theory of organic evolution. The theory of evolution requires faith in many unknowns.”
“Evolution attempts to show that life began as simple organisms in the ocean. These organisms evolved to more complex forms of life. God could have accomplished Creation in this way, but He did not.”

No comments:

Post a Comment